Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Training Week of 2/13/12

My ankle is doing better.  For the last few weeks I've felt like doing a run in my five fingers would help my ankle.  It just helps me find the right gait and I feel helps put things back in order.  I haven't done this because of the race that was coming up and worried of what would happen if I was wrong.  I didn't want to go into the race with a bigger ankle issue or more inflammation.  So I tested my theory.
2/13/12 - Ran 2 miles in my Five Fingers on the treadmill.  Following the run my ankle felt better than it has felt for 2.5 weeks. 
2/14/12 - Ran my Tuesday morning 6 mile loop in 42:00 and did a .7 mile cooldown.  Felt good to be back running on Tuesday mornings.  Ankle is still doing well.  I think this reinforces my thoughts that I should be doing more training in my five fingers or similar low profile shoes.
2/15/12 - Ran 8 miles at the Cove - Hi Dee Ho, Fire Road, and back on 4 Gorge.  Felt Ok.  Ankle is still not up to par, but better.
2/17/12 - Ran 16 miles on the Apple Orchard Falls side of the Promise Land 50k course.  Ankle felt very good until the last 2 miles of Cornelius Creek when I rolled the crap out of it.  I really rolled it.  I put my ankle in the creek following the run for about 5 minutes. Up until this point I was almost back to 100%.
2/18/12 - Cleaned up the EYL 5k course.
2/19/12 - Ran 6 miles around Raleigh Court.  Ankle is sore.
41.8 miles of running

No comments: