Monday, May 20, 2013

Training Week 5/6/13

I started having a pain in my right piriformis and glute at the end of last week so I decided to work on stretching it and doing trigger point work on it with a tennis ball to see if I could get it to calm down.
I took off Tuesday from running.
5/8/13 - 10 mile bridge street greenway loop.
5/10/13 - 19.65 miles at the cove.  We started at the Hollins Greenway off of Plantation to the boat docks and then did the no name trail up to the AT, AT to Sawmill Branch, to Arrowhead and then back on Happy Valley and the greenway.  Good loop.  Took it easy.
5/14/13 - Ran to Bridge Street and then ran an out and back in the rail yard for a 10.7 mile windy run.
Glute and piriformis are doing ok but still need some recovery for what is ahead.
Ran 40.35 miles for the week.

No comments: