Monday, February 3, 2014

Training Week 1/27/14

1/28/14 - Ran the 6 mile loop in weather in the low teens with a 0 degree wind chill (HR below 142). 
1/29/14 - Ran 8 miles at the Cove in the freezing cold (12 degrees) and in the snow.  We were the first to lay down tracks at the cove.  Up Hi Dee Ho, down the fire road and back on 4 gorge.
1/31/14 - Did a long road loop.  To Lewis Gale and then the greenway for a 16 mile loop and then a .9 mile cool down.  Kept my HR below 142.
2/1/14 - Ran 8.15 miles around Raleigh Court then went to the gym and did the stepmill for 30 minutes at HR 142.  I'm having a hard time pushing off going uphill without my low back hurting.  Any torque causes some pain.  Since I'm not able to run hills I decided to do a rolling road run and then head to the gym and do the stepmill. 
2/2/14 - Mtn Cross race I.  Gina and I entered the mtn cross series in Bedford.  These are short track mtn bike/cyclocross races.  This was a 25% muddy 1.6 mile loop that you ride for around an hour or so.  I got in 5 laps.  I'd say I was riding about 70% due to the back issue.  Hopefully I'll be back to speed next week for the 2nd race, which is at night.
Total for the week;  42.65 miles running and 11 mile mtn biking.

No comments: