Monday, February 28, 2011

Training the Week of 2/21/11

So this is my second week out from the Holiday Lake 50k on 2/12/11. I'm feeling good and at about 90%. My power still seems a bit low running and biking up hills. But all in all I'm feeling good.
My next race is the 4/1 6 hours of Warrior Creek so the goal at this point is to increase my bike miles while retaining my long run aerobic fitness and working on some speed work and/or interval training.
You'll see in my training log that I try to have at least one of my runs in Five Fingers. I've been wearing these for the last year and have worked on building my foot strength and stability by incorporating them. I think they are a great tool to help build up foot strength and regain a more "natural" running gait.
2/21/11 - Ran 2 miles in Five Fingers on the treadmill.
2/22/11 - Ran 6.5 miles around our neighborhood. 7:45 pace
2/23/11 - Ran 7.65 miles at the cove. 4 Gorge, Comet, Songbird, and out via the road. Legs felt pretty good tonight.
2/24/11 - Ran 2 miles in Five Fingers on the treadmill.
2/25/11 - Ran 7.8 miles off road. Doing some race course recon.
2/26/11 - Road biked 51 miles - Merriman, Wade's Gap, Adney Gap, Calloway Road, County Line Road, Bottom Creek Road, Blue Ridge Parkway back to Merriman.
2/27/11 - 7.4 mile mtn. bike ride at Fishburn Park trails.
25.95 miles running, 7.4 miles mtn. biking, and 51 miles road biking.

No comments: