Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Recovery Week 2/4/13

There is an art to recovery.  I don't have it.  I'm going to let my body decide when to run next.  I feel pretty good after the Uwharrie 40 miler.  My legs feel heavy and I really messed up my left middle toe, but other than that I don't have too much soreness and the soreness I have is symmetrical. 
2/6/13 - I went for a 14.2 mile bike ride to Salem and back.  I hit one hill and noticed my leg power is still missing but it was good to get out for a spin.
2/8/13 - Ran 5.6 in the snow on the greenway and roads of grandin court.  Legs still feel heavy and my knees feel inflamed.  The snow is the only reason I decided to run today.
Also went out and rode the wazUPwidis course to get the mileage.  Rode 4 miles or so in high winds.
2/9/13 - wazUPwidis race was this morning and then Gina and I did a 19 mile road bike ride.
2/10/13 - 4 miles.  Didn't really work out today but spent 3.5 hours carrying a chainsaw pack and leaf blower while cleaning up the Explore Your Limits 5k course and beginner trail.
Total for the week;   8.7 miles running and 33.2 mile road biking

No comments: