Monday, February 18, 2013

Training Week of 2/11/13

2/12/13 - Ran the 6 mile loop CCW in 42 minutes and did a 1.7 mile cool down.  Felt pretty good.  43 degrees and windy.
             - Rode my mtn bike at night through Fishburn 6.2 miles
2/13/13 - Ran Hi Dee Ho - Buck, and Road for a 6.5 mile loop.
2/15/13 - Mtn biked with Kenny.  Road to Buck, Gauntlet, Trough, Brushy Mtn Fire Road, Comet, 4 Gorge Ext., Four Gorge.  17.4 Miles
2/16/13 - Ran around Grandin and Greenway for a 8.1 mile loop at 7:45 pace.
             - Participated in the 3rd race in the Bedford Mtn Cross Series - 6th overall. 11 miles.
2/17/13 - Ran the trails of Fishburn - 8 miles
Total for the week:  30.3 mile running and 34.6 miles mtn biking biking.

Training went well this week.  I finally got my mind back in to running mode following the Uwharrie 40 Miler.  I've got a long run planned for this coming weekend.  In addition, I'm trying to get some more mtn bike miles for a race that is coming up on 4/6/12 - 6hrs of Warrior Creek where Gina and I are racing as a Co-ed Duo team.  Riding helps me get fitness while saving and letting my joints recover from the Ultras.  In addition, the mtx is a great speed workout that makes you anerobic for over an hour.

No comments: