Sunday, July 14, 2013

Post Race Week/Vacation Week - 6/24/13

In the days following the race things went pretty well.  I felt great on Sunday, at least I felt a lot better than I thought I would.  Sunday evening and the next few days I had issues with my big toes.  I tend to get blisters under my toes for long races and especially when I go downhill on my heals.  This was the issue during the race.  I couldn't run down hill as fast as I wanted due to not getting enough oxygen which made me slow up and end on my heels.  This is an issue with my running form I need to correct. 
7/25/13 - We rented mtn bikes and rode at Betasso Ridge and then packed up and rode around the Valmont bike park for 12.85 miles.
7/26/13 - We biked 20.5 miles at Buffalo Creek.
7/27/13 - We biked 17 at Centennial Cone.
7/28/13 - We hiked 7.2 to Forest Lake.  This was a hike from the East Portal of the Moffat Tunnel.  It was a pretty area at the base of the Continental Divide.  As we got to within 1/2 mile of the lake we started to hike through snow. 
7/30/13 - Back in VA, we rode up the old road up Mill Mountain, to the BRP, down to Starlight and then back home from there for 20 miles and then I ran a 4 mile loop around Fishburn Park.
Total for the Week; 11 miles on foot, 50.35 mile mtn biking, and 20 miles cycling.

No comments: