Sunday, October 2, 2011

Training the Week of 8/22/11

8/23/11 - Ran my typical 6 mile loop in 42:21 and then a 1.5 mile cool down.  Legs felt heavy and I went at about 85%.
Rode 20 miles on the road later that evening.
8/24/11 - Ran 10 miles at the Cove.  Road, comet, enchanted forest, schoolhouse to the Happy Valley Fire road and then back.  Ran pretty hard with an average HR of 139.
8/26/11 - First track workout.  I'm going to follow the Run Less Run Faster workout plan with only 1 modification and that will be to have 4 runs a week instead of 3.  What I like about this training plan is, not only the few running days, but the charting of the pace you run during each run and your predicted race time.  It makes you be realistic in your ability.
I usually run Tuesday morning hard, Wednesday night trail run moderate, Friday will be my track workout and Sunday will be my long run.  Today called for 3 x 1 mile repeats with a 1 minute Rest Interval (RI).  I ran a warm-up 3 miles and then a couple of 100s of butt kicks and knee lifts.  Then did 2 of the 3 intervals at 6 minute pace.  The 1 minute RI killed me.  6.25 miles total.
8/28/11 - Ran 17 miles on the Greenway.  From my house to the end of the greenway and to the new section that will link Tinker Creek to the river was 8.5 miles.  So it was an out and back.  7:45m/mile average.
40.75 miles of running and 20 cycling.

No comments: