Sunday, January 15, 2012

What to do in 2012? Some things are set.

What to do in 2012.  I have a number of ideas floating around for 2012, but the only set plans are as follows.
1/14/12 - Swinging Bridge 50k - Training run for the
2/3/12 Uwharrie 40 mile trail run.  This will be my first race over 50k since 2003 Hellgate 100k.  If it goes well I have some long distance plans.  If not, I'll re-evaluate, and decide where to race to keep things fun.  I've found that 50k races and shorter go well for me.  I'm able to train for this distance without losing the FUN component, able to cross train and still be competitive, and most importantly not get injured.  Beyond 31 miles I tend to lose one of those components.  My goals are to 1. Be Safe, 2. Have Fun, 3. Be Competitve.
4/7/12 - 6 hours of Warrior Creek - Mtn bike race.
After that I have no set plan......

No comments: