Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Training Week of 2/6/12

Well, as I was finishing up the last 1/4 of the 40 miler I told myself I would take a week off from running.  Ends up that my ankle is giving me some trouble, no surprise, and my toes are a mess, so the week off is a perfect plan. 
Wound and injury summary:
  • Right subtalar joint dysfunction
  • Raw spot on the top of my right foot at the distal end of my 1st metatarsal.  How you get a blister on the top of your foot I don't know.
  • Raw left pinky toe.  That sucker took a beating.  Looks like I used sand paper on it. 
  • As Monday rolled around I noticed fluid buildup under both my left 4th and big toenail.  Those nails will be gone in a month or so. 
Again, this race was run in shoes that were wet and muddy for 50k, just 2 weeks ago with no blister or chafing problems.  So I'm not sure what happened between the two races. 

2/8/12 - Rode the spin bike at the gym for 30 minutes.
2/10/12 - Mtn biked at Liberty Mtn 15.4 miles.  Lots of climbing.
2/11/12 - Mtn biked at thet Cove 14.6.  Legs felt good today.
2/12/12 - 6 mile run at 7:20 pace.  Felt good to be back on my feet.
6 miles running
30 miles mtn biking
8 miles cycling

No comments: