Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week of 1/16/12

Well I feel pretty good following the 50k.  I have some right Achilles tightness that snuck up on me Sunday but otherwise feel pretty good.
1/17/12 - 4/25 mile run around the hood.  Half on trail half road.
1/18/12 - Ran 8 miles on the road around the hood.
1/20/12 - Did a mtn bike ride at the cove - 20 miles.  Rode up Buck, across the mtn on Brushy Mtn Fire Road down the Drop, Tuck a way, and then did the lower loop CCW and finished on 4 Gorge.  Nice ride.  The legs did pretty good but I was lacking power on the climbs which is what I expected.
1/21/12 - 8.5 mile run at 7:10 pace.  Home to the Greenway, Smith Park, and back.
1/22/12 - 7 miles of random Raleigh Court running. 
Following my Saturday run I started having some right ankle pain.  Must be from the tight Achilles tightness post race.  I just didn't expect it to pop up at the end of a good training week and following a greenway run. 
27.75 miles running and 20 mtn biking

No comments: