Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Training Week - 2/20/12

2/20/12 - Ran 2 miles in my Five Fingers on the Treadmill.  Had a "new" pain at my right cuboid.
2/21/12 - Did 30 minutes on the spin bike and 15 minutes on the stepmill then at night did a hard road ride to Green Hill Park.
2/22/12 - Ran 6.25 at the cove.  Ran in on the road, songbird, comet, and out on the road.
2/25/12 - Ran 220 to 311 on the AT in 3 hours and 36 minutes (3:25 in moving time).  I use this as a Time Trial to gauge my fitness for Ultras.  I've only done this section under 4 hours a couple of times with a PR of 3:55ish.  Today I ran with Jason Captain from L'burg.  He is a fast guy and just finished Holiday Lake, a couple weeks ago, in under 4 hours.  We hit it pretty hard.  Everything was going pretty well until the Climb up to Scorched Earth Gap.  On the climb up to this the wind was howling at 25-30mph.  The weather is always worse on the last half of this run.  The wind, leaves, and fallen trees were much worse from here on in and in some places the footing for running is worse on this section.  We contoured around McAfee's Knob on the fireroad and ran it in to the finish.  Felt pretty good.   The early pace hit me on the last 5 miles and I was toast at the end and my ankle took a beating today.
2/26/12 - Cleaned up the 10k section of the EYL course and then did a hard road ride to Green Hill Park and back at a 19.3mph ave.
Total for the week - 32.35 miles running and 50 miles biking.

No comments: