Thursday, June 26, 2014

Training Week 6/2/14

Well minutes after the Conquer the Cove races ended I started to loose my voice and get some deep chest congestion.  So it looks like the stress of the RNUTS took a toll and now it's time to pay up.  Two weeks to the Highland Sky 40.
6/3/14 - Did the 6 mile loop with a .5 mile cooldown.
6/4/14 - Ran at the cove doing the Hi Dee Ho - Buck loop for 6 miles.
6/6/14 - Ran 9 miles on the greenway and around Grandin Court.
6/7/14 - Ran at Greenfield park in Daleville on the grassy paths, following the Bear Bait 5k.
6/8/14 - Ran 12.8 at Black Horse Gap.  This was probably a bit more than I needed a week out from the big race but I was feeling like I needed a challenging run and wanted to work in some new shoes and needed another opportunity to get rid of some leftover chest congestion.  We ran a lollipop loop of the AT to Spec. Mines, down to the gravel road, a right to Hammond Hollow, and then a right on the AT back to Black Horse Gap.  I love running in this area.  It was a tough humid sweaty loop but a good time.
Now to rest up before the HS40
Total for the week;  Ran 41.05 miles

No comments: