Sunday, April 20, 2014

Race Week - 3/31/14

Gina and I will be mtn bike racing at the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek on 4/5/14.  This is our 5th or 6th time here and a year in which we have done very very little riding due to the nasty winter weather.  Should be interesting.

My back is still jacked up so I'm going to keep it simple this week and just ride easy until race day.
4/1/14 - Rode part way to Green Hill Park and back for 12.2 miles
4/2/14 - Rode to GHP and back for 19 miles.
4/4/14 - Did a 8 mile pre ride at the race course
4/5/14 - 6 Hours of Warrior Creek.
           - 43.3 miles of riding in 3 laps - 1.20ish, 1.12ish, and a final lap of 1.16ish.
           - First lap I felt good, hit the trail in good position and hung on for the entire 16.5 mile loop.
           - 2nd lap I was starting to feel my power diminishing and needed every gear towards the end
              of the loop.  I kind of dreaded a 3rd lap just knowing I would have to face the cramp
              monster.
           - 3rd lap really went better than I thought.  I rode within my means and just tried to stay even
              throughout and avoid getting cramps on the sections that required me to use a lot of force. 
           - We ended up 5th in co-ed duo.
4/6/14 - Did the Henry Lanum loop in the Mt Pleasant area east of Beuna Vista.  This loop is part of the Mountain Masochist 50 miler.  It is a great loop with a fantastic overlook at the east Mt. Pleasant overlook.  You get to 4050ft of elevation and the loop as around 1250ft of climbing in 5.6 miles. 
Total for the Week;  5.6 miles running, 51.3 miles mtn biking and 31.2 mile road biking.

No comments: